VLACS's academic integrity policy states the following, with "you" and "your" referring to the student:
"VLACS expects a full commitment to academic integrity from each student. Completion of the enrollment process signifies a student commitment to academic integrity as a student at VLACS. Academic integrity means:
- Your work on each assignment will be completely your own;
- Your collaboration with another classmate on any assignment will be pre-approved by your instructor;
- You will not practice plagiarism in any form;
- You will not allow others to copy your work;
- You will not misuse content from the Internet.
Plagiarism is defined as follows: copying or using ideas or words (from another person,an online classmate, or an Internet or print source) and presenting them as your own.
Please be aware that all VLACS instructors utilize a myriad of technologies to check student work for authenticity. If an instructor confirms that a student has plagiarized work in any manner, the student will be subject to consequences determined by VLACS administration and may be removed from the course with a failing grade."
For more information about VLACS's academic integrity policy, please see the VLACS Student & Course Policies page.